2017 Ford Expedition
The 2017 Ford Expedition is a full-size, 3rd-row, SUV that has been around for 20 years. The new model promises to deliver more. ”
“Today’s families want even more smart technology to help them cover more ground safely, more efficiently, and more comfortably – all while staying connected to friends and family”, said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas. 1
This is the first year Ford has introduced the high-strength aluminum alloy body to the expedition. Ford previously won safety awards for the aluminum body used in the F-150 pick-up. 2
New features include active parking assistance technology including a camera that shows a 360° camera view. So now you can spy on everyone around you, not just those behind! Lane-keeping aid is there to alert the driver from changing lanes unintentionally.
Adaptive cruise control will help cruise at various speeds be setting a distance from the vehicle in front. These features have been around and on the road for a few years now, so it’s great to see Ford is finally integrating them into the Expedition.
New connectivity technology
- Wireless cell phone charging (the first Ford vehicle to get this)
- WiFi hotspot
- Rear seat entertainment (with home cable programming available)
- SYNC®3 with Apple CarPlay™
- SYNC Connect, allowing remote start from a cell phone, and vehicle diagnostics
- 3.5 liter EcoBoost® engine.
- 10-speed transmission.
- New electronic LSD (limited slip differential) on 4WD models to enhance off-road capability.
- Hands-free liftgate.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist available, to help make backing up a trailer easier.
- Tip and Slide middle row seating making it easier to access the third row, without having to remove a child car seat.
- All new Terrain Management System™ (Normal, Sport, Tow/Haul, Eco, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Sand, Mud/Rut)
- All series are available in the extended length Expedition MAX
“an XL version is available for fleet customers, from law enforcement to emergency services”1
The all new 2017 Ford Expedition is expected to arrive in early fall this year.
Check out this engineering scholarship from Ford.