Ford Edge ST
The sporty ‘ST’ trim package has been previously added to cars like the Focus and the Fiesta. Now, Ford has decided to make a sporty looking SUV by adding the ‘ST’ package to the Edge.
The Ford Edge is a mid-sized cross-over and the ST version will be the top of the line. The Edge ST will have the 2.7L twin-turbocharged V-6 EcoBoost engine. This means the engine will be putting out 335hp with 380 lb-ft of torque. “Edge ST puts a new animal on the road – a performance SUV with a track mentality,” said Hau Thai-Tang, executive vice president of Product Development and Purchasing. “From a performance standpoint, and with its SUV silhouette and versatility, it sets a new standard, Edge fans will love to drive.”
What does it have?
- ST-tuned sport-tuned suspension
- Sport mode
- Quick-shifting 8-speed transmission
- AWD (with selectable traction control)
- Performance brake package available
- SelectShift® Paddle shifters
- Bolstered seats
- Post-collision braking
- Evasive steering assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and go and lane centering
- SYNC 3 with AppLink™
On paper, this crossover/SUV has more horsepower than a Subaru WRX STI, but who will buy this? It’s not the only powerful SUV on market, there’s the Dodge Durango SRT out this year as well the Jeep Trackhawk. The Ford Edge ST, like the other suped-up SUV’s gets a mild makeover in terms of looks.
- Wider Grille
- Dual exhaust
- 21″ wheels
- Freshened fascia
- LED headlamps
- LED fog lamps
- Signature lighting
- Redesigned hood
As well all the safety technology that will be available on the Ford Edge ST, the interior will also be getting a sporty upgrade.
- All new rotary shift dial (Ford says to free up space)
- Wireless charging pad for smartphones
- Auto start-stop technology
- 8″ touchscreen
- FordPass™ Connect
- Wifi hotspot
- Bang and Olufsen (B&O) PLAY premium audio system
- Ford+Alexa App support
- 180º front and rear camera
- Active park assist
- Rain-sensing wipers
Ford Edge ST models will be built in Canada and are expected to arrive in U.S. showrooms summer 2018.