RAM Trucks reveals TRX will go into production
Back in the fall of 2016 RAM Trucks introduced a concept truck called the Rebel TRX. As part of the off-road Rebel series, the TRX (nicknamed the TyrannosaurusRex) is set to stomp all over the Ford Raptor. Spec released for the concept TRX suggest it will have the 6.2 L Supercharged HEMI® engine, “the most powerful factory-engineered half-ton pickup ever”. The transmission will be the 8-speed automatic TorqueFlite (8HP70), with paddle shifters and a 4×4 Performance Control System.
Other details suggested in the concept release are;
- BorgWarner 44-45 transfer case
- Drives modes; Normal, Wet/Snow, Off-road and Baja
- Open differential and custom CV half-shafts
- Aggressive 37-inch tires.
- Dynatrac Pro 60 axle
- Electric, selectable locker to 35-spline, 1.5-inch axle shafts
- High-strength steel frame
- Custom-built upper and lower A-arms
- 13 inches of front and rear wheel travel
- Custom beadlock wheels
- Two complete spare tire and wheel packages
- Lockable storage between the wheels in the bed
” When traversing rough terrain at high speeds, seating is important. The interior design team chose suede with accent mesh cloth inserts to cover the rear bench and front buckets. The suede inserts provide tremendous grip to clothing. The front seats integrate lateral support upper bolsters with embroidered logos. All four seats are strapped with six-point harnesses, further fixing occupants to their proper locations”, said Ram Trucks.
From the image above, it looks like the Rebel TRX is set for 2022 and will have the mild hybrid (maybe an option, maybe not?). Level 2 autonomy means it will most likely have a full speed range adaptive cruise control along with the other safety technology the new 2019 RAM has.