Earlier this year, Chevy confirmed the mid-engine Corvette is happening. They paraded a camouflaged version of the car through the streets of New York with hidden ‘easter eggs’ on the car giving us clues to figure out more about the car.
The very first Mid-Engine Corvette has been a dream for many for a long time. It’s finally here!
We guessed the numbers on the license plate were perhaps a clue about the power the new mid-engine Corvette would have. Numbers the license plate were ‘063 490’ making us think maybe it would be a 6.3L with 490hp.
The official reveal happened and we weren’t too far off on our guesses. The engine will in fact produce 495 horsepower, and the engine is an all-new 6.2L V-8 called the LT2.
Chevy says, this car is the fastest ever Corvette Stingray.
This supercar can achieve 0-60mph in under 3 seconds.
2020 Chevy Mid-Engine Corvette Stingray features include;
- 8-speed dual-clutch transmission.
- Magnetic Ride Control dampening system.
- Targa roof option (available in body color, transparent or carbon fiber).
- Driver mode Selector with 12 performance variables (including MyMode and ZMode for personalizations).
- Engine visible through the rear hatch window.
- Fighter-jet inspired interior.
- Performance data recorder.
- Color Heads-Up Display.
- Available Front-Lift.
- Remote door open from the key fob.
- Customizable engine sound.
Chevy says, “A dedicated Corvette Concierge team will provide 2020 Corvette customers with answers to every question about the vehicle discovery, buying and ownership process. Specially trained Corvette Concierges also have access to the executives and engineers who helped develop the vehicle. When appropriate, the Concierge team can connect customers directly with their preferred dealership to facilitate vehicle ordering.”
Driver Mode Selector
The Chevy Mid-Engine Corvette will be available starting at under $60k.