2017 Prius Prime
The 2017 Prius Prime won top honors for the Electric/Hybrid Category at the Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards. The awards consist of over 300 vehicles divided into 12 different categories to decide the best vehicles available to the U.S Market.
The evaluation is almost a year-long ordeal, with a lot of vehicles to look into.
According to hybridcars.com, In 1992 Toyota Motor Corporation announced a document called “Earth Charter”, which described their goals to develop and market vehicles with the lowest emissions possible. They have done a pretty fine job at that. Toyota also has the accolade of most fuel-efficient full-line automotive manufacturers. (Based on NHTSA Final Industry MY12 data for Toyota Motors Sales.)
The Toyota Prius hybrid now is capable of 640 miles on a full charge and full tank of gas. That is enough to get from Cody, WY, U.S.A to Calgary, AB, Canada without stopping for gas or to recharge. Currently the longest capacity of any other hybrid on the market today, making it the most efficient car in America.
There is a reason taxi drivers in cities have these.
“When we set out to build the 2017 Prius Prime, we wanted to deliver a car that would live up to the idea of the word ‘Prime,’ – a plug-in hybrid vehicle with no compromises,” says Nathan Kokes, advanced technology vehicle manager, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Other features included in the new 2017 Prius Prime include;
- Premium Audio
- Integrated Navigation
- App Suit
- 7″ high-resolution touch screen (11.5″ HD multimedia display available on select models)
- Siri Eyes Free
- Customizable screen with Energy Monitor, Hybrid System Indicator, Eco Score, Eco Savings Record, Drive Monitor, Eco Diary,
- Predictive Efficient Drive
- Driver and passenger heated seats
- Toyota Safe Sense
- Pre-Collision system
- Pedestrian Detection System
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Safety Connect (includes Emergency Assistance)
- Color HUD (Heads Up Display)
- Intelligent Park Assist
- Hill Start Assist
The Toyota Prius is so quiet you’ll wonder if it actually started. Been there, done that. Have you? Let us know in the comments below.